IGNOU Admission 2024 Notification PDF
The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has announced the Fresh Admissions in various PG (Master Degree) Programmes, UG (Bachelor Degree) Programmes and Diploma/ Certificate Programmes (offered through ODL mode) for the Academic Session January 2024. Before apply online candidates must read the admission notification and common prospectus, you can download in PDF through given link as under:
What is IGNOU?
The Indira Gandhi National Open University was established by an Act of Parliament in 1985 to achieve the following objectives:
- Democratising higher education by taking it to the doorsteps of the learners,
- providing access to high quality education to all those who seek it irrespective of age, region, religion and gender,
- Offering need-based academic programmes by giving professional and vocational orientation to the courses, and
- promoting and developing distance education in India.
The Schools of Studies for IGNOU
With a view to develop interdisciplinary programmes, the University operates through its Schools of Studies. Each School is headed by a Director who arranges to organise its academic programmes and courses in coordination with the School faculty and staff, and different academic, administrative and service divisions of the University. The emphasis is on providing a wide choice of courses atdifferent levels.
The following Schools of Studies are in operation currently:
- School of Humanities (SOH)
- School of Social Sciences (SOSS)
- School of Sciences (SOS)
- School of Education (SOE)
- School of Continuing Education (SOCE)
- School of Engineering and Technology (SOET)
- School of Management Studies (SOMS)
- School of Health Sciences (SOHS)
- School of Computer and Information Sciences (SOCIS)
- School of Agriculture (SOA)
- School of Law (SOL)
- School of Journalism and New Media Studies (SOJNMS)
- School of Gender and Development Studies (SOGDS)
- School of Tourism and Hospitality Service Management (SOTHSM)
- School of Interdisciplinary and Trans-disciplinary Studies (SOITS)
- School of Social Work (SOSW)
- School of Vocational Education and Training (SOVET)
- School of Extension and Development Studies (SOEDS)
- School of Foreign Languages (SOFL)
- School of Translation Studies and Training (SOTST)
- School of Performing and Visual Arts (SOPVA)
Academic Programmes for IGNOU Admission 2024
The University offers Certificates, Diplomas, Advance Diplomas, Post Graduate Diplomas and Degrees, which are conventional as well as innovative. Most of these programmes have been developed after need based survey for such programmes. They are launched with a view to fulfilling the learners‘ needs for:
- improvement of skills,
- acquisition of professional qualifications
- continuing education and professional development at workplace,
- diversification and updating of knowledge, and
IGNOU Digital Study Material
The University has digitized the study material for different prorammes. The digitized material is available on eGyankosh, the digital repository of the University.
The University encourages the use of digital study material. It has been decided that as an incentive 15% concession shall be given to the students who opt for digital study material in place of printed study material.
IGNOU Multiple Entry and Multiple Exit Points
Multiple Exit and Multiple Entry points for an Undergraduate Programme
|Level of the Programme
|Exit and Certification
|The learners completing first year (2 semesters) of study at the undergraduate level will be awarded an Undergraduate Certificate. (Total Credits =44)
|The learners completing the 2 years (4 semesters) of study at the undergraduate level will be awarded an Undergraduate Diploma. (Total Credits =88)
|The learners completing the 3 years (6 semesters) of study at the undergraduate level will be awarded a general Degree in the disciplines studied. (Total credits = 132)
Vidya Lakshmi Portal For IGNOU Admission
Vidya Lakshmi Portal is a first of its kind portal for students seeking Education Loan. Set up in August 2015, it is a single window electronic platform for students to access information and prepare applications for Educational Loans and Government Scholarships. The Portal has the facility of tracking the students right from the inception of loan application until the completion of sanction of loan or otherwise. Students can view, apply and track their education loan applications to banks anytime, anywhere through the Portal. The portal has been developed and being maintained by NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited.
Nearly 40 Banks have registered for over 131 Educational Loan Schemes on the Vidya Lakshmi Portal and integrated their system with the Portal for providing loan processing status to students.
How to Apply Online for IGNOU Admission
The Admission Forms can be submitted online through Online Admission System at https://ignouadmission.samarth.edu.in/ by the Indian Student. Currently, the facility is available for the programmes offered through Common Prospectus except entrance test based programmes. Foreign student residing in other countries can also join the online programmes and can submit their admission form at https://ignouforeigniop.samarth.edu.in . The prospective learners are required to create their user ID and password for logging in the system and upload the required documents along with the submission of the Admission Form. There is no need to send the printed copy of the Admission Form to the Regional Centre. The programme fee can be paid online using payment Gateway through net banking, debit/credit card or UPI. Once the admission form is submitted online, the students can track the progress of their admission. A message is sent on the mobile number and email ID registered with the System once admission is confirmed. In case of any discrepancy in the Admission Form, the prospective students are advised to remove the discrepancy within a stipulated time. Failing to do so will lead to rejection of admission form.