SAMS Odisha +3 Admission Notification 2023
Online admission into 1st year degree (+3) classes (e-Admission) is compulsory for U.G. courses in Universities and +3 (Degree) Colleges including Sanskrit (Shastri) Colleges coming under Higher Education Department, Government of Odisha for the Academic Session 2023-24. The online Common Application Form (CAF) will be available on the website www.samsodisha.gov.in and can be accessed at any place where an internet facility is available. Please read the Common Prospectus (CP) carefully before filling-up the online CAF.
What is SAMS?
SAMS stands for Students Academic Management System. In this system, students are taking admission online into +3 classes of Arts, Commerce, and Science streams along with Sanskrit Colleges. This admission process, which is carried out through the internet and computers is called e-Admission. Besides e-Admission, SAMS also maintains the academic and financial records of each student admitted into different colleges.
Selection Process of Odisha UG Admission 2023
Admission into various Streams, HEIs, and Honours shall be done strictly on the basis of merit. Marks secured at the Higher Secondary (+2) Examination out of the Total Marks, Weightage, and Reservation (if applicable) will be taken into consideration for preparing the merit list.
Document List for SAMS Degree Admission 2023
- Original Certificates (as mentioned in the Intimation Letter).
- Three passport size color photographs
- Following Original Documents are to be retained by the College Authority:
- School Leaving Certificate issued by the Institution last attended.
- Conduct Certificate issued by the Institution last attended.
- Migration certificate, If any
- Following Original Documents are to be returned by the College Authority to the applicant after the admission process is over.
- Mark sheet of the 10th Board Examination
- Mark sheet of the Higher Secondary (+2) Examination
- Pass Certificate of the same examination
- Certificate in respect of Reservation, if any
- Certificate in respect of Weightage, if any
NOTE: The certificates downloaded from Digi-Locker shall be accepted during the period of admission but the applicant will have to produce the original certificates after getting these from the respective boards for verification by college authority.
Odisha UG Admission Application Process 2023
The CAF will be available at www.samsodisha.gov.in for applying online only. There will be one Common Application Form (CAF) for admission to any stream of any HEIs in the State. There shall be one Common Prospectus (CP) for all the HEIs imparting U.G. Courses including Sanskrit Colleges.
N.B: The CP will be available online in PDF format. An applicant can download the same and take a printout for making an informed choice while filling-up the CAF online.
How To Apply Online for SAMS Odisha Admission 2023
The applicant shall register her/himself in the portal before applying to the online CAF. Applicants need to follow the below-mentioned processes to register in the SAMS portal.
- Step-1: Go to SAMS website www.samsodisha.gov.in
- Step-2: Click on the Degree (+3) link available under the Higher Education option.
- Step-3: Click on the "New Student Registration" button.
- Step-4: Enter the Name of the Student, Mobile Number, Mail id and Date of Birth in the box provided.
- Step-5: Click on the "Generate OTP" button.
- Step-6: A six-digit OTP will be sent to the mobile number provided, which will be valid for 5 minutes.
- Step-7: Then enter the OTP number in the box showing on the computer screen.
- Step-8: Create your own password and reconfirm the same in the box showing on the computer screen.
- Step-9: Password must have at least one Upper Case, Lower Case, Digit, and Special Character in it e.g. Abcd@1234.
After registration on the SAMS website (www.samsodisha.gov.in), an SAMS eSpace/Student Login will be created for that particular applicant in the SAMS application software. In order to login into the applicant’s e-Space, click on the "Existing Student Login" using the user name (mobile number) and password created during online registration. Following links will be available for the applicant during the application stage:
- Common Application Form
- Intimation Letter
- Admission Schedule
- Online Payment (CAF fees)
- Online Payment (Admission fees)