SSC CHSL Recruitment Notification 2023 PDF
Online applications are invited from eligible Indian Citizens for recruitment to the post of Lower Divisional Clerk/ Junior Secretariat Assistant, and Data Entry Operators for various Ministries/ Departments/ Offices of the Government of India and various Constitutional Bodies/ Statutory Bodies/ Tribunals, etc by Staff Selection Commission for Combined Higher Secondary (10+2) Level (CHSL) Examination 2023. All interested candidates can download recruitment notification in PDF through given link as below, before apply online must read the notification carefully to avoid any kind of confusion.
Download SSC CHSL Notification 2023 PDF
Selection Process of SSC CHSL Recruitment
Candidates will be shortlisted for Tier-II Examination on the basis of their performance in Tier-I Examination. Normalized scores of candidates will be used to determine merit and for final selection.
SSC CHSL Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2023
Scheme of Tier-I Examination:
||Subject (Not in sequence)
||Number of Questions/ Maximum Marks
||Time Duration (For all four Parts)
||English Language (Basic Knowledge)
||60 Minutes (80 Minutes for candidates eligible for scribe
||Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic Skill)
- The Tier-I Examination will consist of Objective Type, Multiple choice questions only. The questions will be set in English and Hindi for Part-II, III & IV.
- There will be negative marking of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer. Candidates are, therefore, advised to keep this in mind while answering the questions.
Scheme of Tier-II Examination:
||No. of Questions
||Session-I (2 hours and 15 minutes)
Module-I: Mathematical Abilities
Module-II: Reasoning and General Intelligence.
Total = 60
|60*3 = 180
1 hour (for each section)
Module-I: English Language and Comprehension
Module-II: General Awareness
|60*3 = 180
Module-I: Computer Knowledge Module
||15*3 = 45
Module-II: Skill Test/ Typing Test Module
Part A: Skill Test for DEOs in Department/ Ministry mentioned at Para 8.1
Part B: Skill Test for DEOs except in Department/ Ministry mentioned at Para 8.1
- Tier-II will be conducted in two sessions - Session –I & Session-II, on same day. Session-I will include conducting of Section-I, Section-II and Module-I of Section-III. Session-II will include conducting of Module-II of Section-III.
- It will be mandatory for the candidates to qualify all the sections of Tier-II.
- Tier-II will consist of Objective Type, Multiple choice questions, except for Module-II of Section-III. The questions will be set in English and Hindi except for Module-II (i.e. English Language and Comprehension module) in SectionII.
- There will be negative marking of 1 mark for each wrong answer in Section-I, Section-II and Module-I of Section-III. Candidates are, therefore, advised to keep this in mind while answering the questions.
- Module-I of Section-III i.e. Computer Knowledge Test is mandatory but qualifying in nature.
Download SSC CHSL Syllabus 2023 PDF
SSC CHSL 2023 Tentative Vacancy Details
There are approx. 1600 vacancies. However, firm number of vacancies will be determined in due course. Updated vacancies, if any, along with post-wise & category-wise vacancies will be made available on the website of the Commission (https://ssc.nic.in> Candidate’s Corner> Tentative Vacancy) in due course. Candidates may note that State-wise/ Zone-wise vacancies are not collected by the Commission.
How To Download SSC CHSL Admit Card 2023
Facility for download of Admit Card will be available about 3-7 days before the examination on the website of the Regional Office concerned. You can download your admit card by Registration Number and Date of Birth. Candidates must bring printout of the Admission Certificate to the Examination Hall.
SSC CHSL Answer Key 2023
Tentative Answer Keys of the Computer Based Examination will be placed on the website of the Commission after the Examination. Candidates may go through the Answer Keys and submit online representations, if any, within the time limit given by the Commission, on payment of Rs 100/- per question.
How To Apply Online For SSC CHSL Exam 2023
The process of filling online application for the examination consists of two parts:
- One Time Registration
- Filling of online Application for the Examination
One Time Registration
For One-Time Registration, click on ‘Register Now’ link provided in ‘Login’ Section on https://ssc.nic.in
One-Time Registration process requires filling up of following information:
- Basic details
- Additional and contact details
Part-II (Online Application Form)
- Login to online system through your ‘Registration Number’ and password.
- Click ‘Apply’ link in ‘Combined Higher Secondary (10+2) Level Examination 2023 Section under ‘Latest Notifications’ tab.
- Fill the all required details carefully.
- Upload your recent Photo and signature.
- Go through the declaration carefully and click on “I agree” check box if you accept the same. Fill up Captcha code.
- Preview and verify the information provided by you. If you want to modify any entry, click on ‘Edit/ Modify’ button and make requisite corrections before proceeding further.
- Proceed to make fee payment if you are not exempted from payment of fee
- When application is successfully submitted, it will be accepted 'Provisionally'. Candidate should take printout of the application form for their own records.