SSC MTS & Havaldar Recruitment Notification 2023 PDF
The Staff Selection Commission will hold a competitive examination for recruitment of Multi Tasking (Non-Technical) Staff (in Pay Level-1 as per Pay Matrix of 7th Pay Commission) in various Ministries/ Departments/ Offices of the Government of India and various Constitutional Bodies/ Statutory Bodies/ Tribunals, etc. and Havaldar (in Pay Level-1 as per Pay Matrix of 7th Pay Commission) in Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) and Central Bureau of Narcotics (CBN) under Department of Revenue, Ministry of Finance. Before apply online must read the recruitment notification carefully, you can download the notification through given link as below:
Selection Process of SSC MTS and Havaldar Post
The recruitment process for the post of MTS will consist of Session-I and Session-II in Computer Based Examination (CBE).
The performance of the candidate in Session-I will be evaluated first and performance in Session-II would be evaluated only if a candidate qualifies in Session-I.
Minimum qualifying marks in Session-I and as well as in Session-II of Computer Based Examination are as follows:
- UR : 30%
- OBC/ EWS : 25%
- All other categories : 20%
The recruitment process for the post of Havaldar will consist of Computer Based Examination (CBE), Physical Efficiency Test (PET)/ Physical Standard Test (PST).
For the post of MTS, there will be separate category-wise, State/ UTwise cut-offs in Session-II. As the vacancies for MTS are in two age groups i.e. (i) 18 to 25 years and (ii) 18 to 27 years, the Commission may fix separate age group-wise, category-wise and State/ UT-wise cut-offs in CBE
For the post of MTS, Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of their performance in Session-II of CBE. Normalized scores of the candidates will be used to determine merit in CBE. The merit list would be prepared solely based on performance in Session-II.
For the post of Havaldar, candidates will be shortlisted in the ratio of 1:5 (vacancies: candidates) for appearing in PET/ PST and on the basis of their performance in Session-II of CBE. Normalized scores of the candidates will be used to determine merit in CBE. The Commission may fix CCA-wise and category-wise cut-offs in Session-II of CBE.
For the post of MTS, based on the performance in Session-II of CBE, candidates will be considered for final merit list.
For the post of Havaldar, based on performance in Session-II of CBE and subject to qualifying in PET/ PST, candidates will be considered for final merit list.
SSC MTS and Havaldar Syllabus & Test Pattern 2023
The examination will consist of a Computer Based Examination, Physical Efficiency Test (PET)/ Physical Standard Test (PST) (only for the post of Havaldar).
The Computer Based Examination will be conducted in Hindi, English and in 13 regional languages viz. (i) Assamese, (ii) Bengali, (iii) Gujarati, (iv) Kannada, (v) Konkani, (vi) Malayalam, (vii) Manipuri, (viii) Marathi, (ix) Odia, (x) Punjabi, (xi) Tamil, (xii) Telugu and (xiii) Urdu
Computer Based Examination will be conducted in two Sessions: Session-I and Session-II and both the Sessions will be mandatory to be attempted. Not attempting any session will disqualify the candidate.
Computer Based Examination:
||No. of Questions/ Max. Marks
||45 Minutes (60 Minutes for candidates eligible for scribes)
||Numerical and Mathematical Ability
||Reasoning Ability and Problem Solving
||45 Minutes (60 Minutes for candidates eligible for scribes)
||English Language and Comprehension
- Computer Based Examination will consist of Objective Type, Multiple choice questions. The questions will be set in English, Hindi, and in 13 regional languages (as per details in Annexure-XV) for Session-I and the General Awareness Section of Session-II.
- There will be no negative marking in Session-I. In Session-II, there will be negative marking of one mark for each wrong answer. Candidates are, therefore, advised to keep this in mind while answering the questions.
Download SSC MTS Syllabus 2023 PDF
SSC MTS Examination Center 2023
A candidate must indicate the Centre(s) in the online Application Form in which he desires to take the examination.
At the time of application submission you can give your preference of Examination Centers. You may choose examination Centers within the same Region. Choice for all the three Centers must be given in the order of preference.
SSC MTS Salary 2023 And Pay Scale
SSC Multi Tasking Staff (MTS) post recruitment salary will be in Pay Level-1 as per Pay Matrix of 7th Pay Commission in a General Central Service Group ‘C’ Non-Gazetted, Non-Ministerial post in various Ministries/ Departments/ Offices of the Government of India and various Constitutional Bodies/ Statutory Bodies/ Tribunals, etc., in different States/ Union Territories.
How To Download SSC MTS Admit Card 2023
Admit card for all stages of examination will be issued online on the websites of Regional Office concerned of the Commission. Candidates are therefore advised to regularly visit the websites of the SSC-HQ (i.e. https://ssc.nic.in) and Regional Office concerned of the Commission under whose jurisdiction the examination centres opted by the candidate are located.
Information about the Examination indicating the time table and City/ Centre of examination for the candidates will be uploaded on the websites of the Regional Office concerned of the Commission about two weeks before the date of examination.
Facility for downloading of Admission Certificates will be available about 3-7 days before the examination on the website of Regional Office concerned. Candidate must bring printout of the Admission Certificate to the Examination Hall.
How To Apply Online For SSC MTS Vacancy 2023
The process of filling online application for the examination consists of two parts:
- One Time Registration
- Filling of online Application for the Examination
Part-II (Online Application Form)
Before proceeding with filling of online application, keep the following data ready:
- Recent scanned colour passport size photograph (i.e. not more than three months old from the date of publication of the Notice of Examination) in JPEG format (20 KB to 50 KB). Image dimension of the photograph should be about 3.5 cm (width) x 4.5 cm (height)
- Scanned signature in JPEG format (10 to 20 KB). Image dimension of the signature should be about 4.0 cm (width) x 2.0 cm (height).
- Details of qualifying educational qualification like passing year, roll number, percentage/ CGPA, name of Board, etc.
- Login to online system through your ‘Registration Number’ and password.
- Click ‘Apply’ link in ‘Multi Tasking (Non-Technical) Staff, and Havaldar (CBIC & CBN) Examination, 2022’ section under ‘Latest Notifications’ tab.
- Give your preference of Examination Centers.
- If you are seeking age relaxation, select appropriate age-relaxation category.
- Indicate your preferences for the Post-cum-States/ UTs/ CCAs in the order of priority. You are advised to give as many preferences of States/ UTs / CCAs as you may like.
- Indicate your highest qualification.
- Provide details of the qualifying educational qualification.
- Upload your recent Photograph and signature.
- Go through the declaration carefully and click on “I agree” check box if you accept the same. Fill up Captcha code.
- Preview and verify the information provided by you.
- Proceed to make fee payment if you are not exempted from payment of fee.
- When application is successfully submitted, it will be accepted 'Provisionally'. Candidate should take printout of the application form for their own records.