UPSC CAPF AC Notification 2023
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has issued online notification for Central Armed Police Forces (ACs) Examination, 2023 for recruitment to the post of Assistant Commandant (AC) in Border Security Force (BSF), Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Central Industrial Security Force(CISF), Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) and Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB). Before apply online candidates must read the recruitment notification carefully, you can download the notification through given link as below:
Interview/ Personality Test of UPSC CAPF AC Exam 2023
Candidates who are declared qualified in the Medical Standards Tests, will be called for Interview/Personality Test to be conducted by Union Public Service Commission. Candidates who are declared medically unfit but allowed to appear before the “Review Medical Board” on their appeal by the Appellate Authority will be called for Interview/Personality Tests provisionally. The Interview/Personality Test will carry 150 Marks.
Candidates who are short-listed for Interview/Personality Test, including those shortlisted for Interview/Personality Test provisionally will be issued a Detailed Application Form (DAF) in which among other things, they will be required to indicate their preference of Forces.
Selection Process of UPSC CAPF AC Exam 2023
The merit list will be drawn on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in the Written Examination and Interview/Personality Test.
UPSC CAPF AC Syllabus and Exam Scheme 2023
Paper I : General Ability and Intelligence - 250 Marks
The questions in this paper will be of Objective (Multiple Answers) Type in which the questions will be set in English as well as Hindi.
Paper II : General Studies, Essay and Comprehension - 200 Marks
In this paper candidates will be allowed the option of writing the Essay Component in English or Hindi, but the medium of Precis Writing, Comprehension Components and other communications/ language skills will be English only.
Paper I : General Ability and Intelligence
The objective type questions with multiple choices in this paper will broadly cover the following areas:
- General Mental Ability : The questions will be designed to test the logical reasoning, quantitative aptitude including numerical ability, and data interpretation.
- General Science : The questions will be set to test general awareness, scientific temper, comprehension and appreciation of scientific phenomena of everyday observation including new areas of importance like Information Technology, Biotechnology, Environmental Science.
- Current Events of National and International Importance : The questions will test the candidates’ awareness of current events of national and international importance in the broad areas of culture, music, arts, literature, sports, governance, societal and developmental issues, industry, business, globalisation, and interplay among nations.
- Indian Polity and Economy : The questions shall aim to test candidates’ knowledge of the Country’s political system and the Constitution of India, social systems and public administration, economic development in India, regional and international security issues and human rights including its indicators.
- History of India : The questions will broadly cover the subject in its social, economic and political aspects. This shall also include the areas of growth of nationalism and freedom movement.
- Indian and World Geography : The questions shall cover the physical, social and economic aspects of geography pertaining to India and the World.
Paper II : General Studies, Essay and Comprehension
- Part-A – Essay questions which are to be answered in long narrative form either in Hindi or English totaling 80 Marks. The indicative topics are modern Indian history especially of the freedom struggle, geography, polity and economy, knowledge of security and human rights issues, and analytical ability.
- Part-B – Comprehension, précis writing, other communications/language skills – to be attempted in English only (Marks 120) – The topics are Comprehension passages, précis writing, developing counter arguments, simple grammar and other aspects of language testing.
UPSC CAPF AC Admit Card 2023
The eligible candidates shall be issued an e-admission Certificate three weeks before the commencement of the examination. The e-Admission Certificate will be made available in the UPSC website [https://www.upsc.gov.in] for downloading by candidates. No paper Admission Certificate will be sent by post. For downloading the e-Admission Certificate/e-Admit Card the candidate must have his/her vital parameters like RID & Date of Birth or Roll No. (if received) & date of birth or name, father's name & Date of Birth available with him/her.
How To Apply Online For UPSC CAPF AC 2023
Candidates are required to apply online only by using the website https://www.upsconline. nic.in. It is essential for the applicant to register himself/ herself first at One Time Registration (OTR) platform, available on the Commission’s website, and then proceed for filling up the online application for the examination. OTR has to be registered only once in life time. This can be done anytime throughout the year. If the candidate is already registered, he/she can proceed straightway for filling up the online application for the examination.