PTET Syllabus 2023
The PTET Examination will consist of one question paper containing the following four Sections:
- Mental Ability
- Teaching attitude & Aptitude Test
- General Awareness and
- Language Proficiency (Hindi or English)
Section A : Mental ability Section shall consist of 50 objective type multiple choice questions to test the following abilities:-
(i) Reasoning (ii) Imagination (iii) Judgement & Decision Making (iv) Creative Thinking (v) Generalization (vi) Drawing inferences etc.
Section B : Teaching Attitude and Aptitude Test Section shall consist of 50 questions mainly in the following areas:-
(i) Social Maturity, (ii) Leadership, (iii) Professional Commitment, (iv) interpersonal Relations. (v) Communication, (vi) Awareness etc. This will be the test of attitudes and awareness in which answers to the questions will be scored on a scale of 3, 2, 1, and 0.
Section C : General awareness Section shall consist of 50 objective type multiple choice questions mainly in the following areas:-
(i) Current Affairs (National & International), (ii) (Indian History & Culture, (iii) India and its Natural Resources. (iv) Great Indian Personalities (Past and Present), (v) Environmental Awareness, (vi) Knowledge about Rajasthan, etc.
Section D : Language Proficiency (English or Hindi) Section shall consist of 50 Objective type multiple choice questions regarding proficiency in Hindi or English Language mainly related to the following aspects:-
(i) Vocabulary, (ii) Functional Grammar, (iii) Sentence Structures, (iv) Comprehension, etc.
- All questions in Question-Paper shall be objective-type multiple-choice questions with at least four alternative answers. (See sample question under heading ‘Model Question Paper’).
- The Paper will be set both in English and Hindi except in the Language proficiency Section.
In case of discrepancy in options of answers or in the question paper, the English version shall be treated as final.
- The duration of the paper shall be 3 hours.
- Each question will carry 3 marks and the maximum marks in the paper shall be 600.
- Full 3 marks will be awarded for each correct answer. In Attitude & Aptitude Section, however, the answers will be scaled on a scale of 3 to 0 marks. This means that answer to each question will carry a weightage of 3,2,1 and 0.